Monday, June 7, 2010

Sleep, or the lack thereof.....

I find myself having the odd desire to make a post on my sorely neglected blog at 2am this lovely evening. Why, you might ask? Well, it's to ponder this thought.....Why is sleep so elusive?? I stayed up until 3:30am yesterday and my sweet husband let me sleep until 11:30. You think I would be exhausted, but after an extremely long and emotional day, yes it was a bad day, I find myself reenergized at 1:45am.
I wanted to let you know something, I use to be a morning person, shocking, I know. Yet after marrying Jared--a proclaimed night owl, and working full time nights, I have succumbed, not happily I might add, to the life of nights. I use to go to be at 10:30pm and wake up at 6am just so that I could go grocery shopping before anyone else. Now I'm lucky if I can pull myself out of bed when my son wakes up. It would be so much easier, and yes I have done it before, to just go back to sleep while my son destroys my house. I can just clean it up later, right?
Then there is the thought of sleep aids.....hmmmm. Well, I've tried unisom--horrible hangover. Ambien--works great, but I don't want to be addicted to a prescription sleep aid, I just save it for deserpate situations. Benadryl--doesn't work anymore, trust me. Dramamine--now that's some good stuff, a little hangover, but it takes a while to work and a while to get out of your system. Told ya, I'm well versed in the stuff.
So what am I going to do? Well, I'll probably just go climb in to bed, fight off the cat who claimed my spot on the bed and is shedding his nasty cat hair all over...yuk, toss and turn for the next few hours and then when my alarm goes off at 7am I'll hit snooze until 8:30, roll out of bed, throw on clothes and head out the door in a tired, stressed out, cranky and completely unpleasant mood to my 9am commitment.
I love my life.

7 comments:

Terri Lindsay said...

Welcome back to the blog world, I hope you post some more, I want to hear how Chase is doing. Well I know he is doing good, I watched him play everyday in Preschool, I just want to hear what you think.
Oh and good luck with sleeping, you should try some Yoga at night to try and help you relax.

Katy said...

I USED to be a morning person too...go 'ol clinicals do it to you. Not so much these days since I've literally spent half of the past 4 years of life pregnant and most of the other half breastfeeding. hahaha! :) It's good to know that you are still alive, though! :) Are you still working nights, then? That is murder on your body (and sleep schedule)

Melissa Durtschi said...

Good Job on posting this year :P If you come up with a solution for this sleep conumdrum, I would love to hear it!!!

Melody said...

Meh, sleeping is for sissies.

In other news, I'm super thrilled to see you up and blogging again! Having played this game for quite some time now (see me reading friend's blogs at 4 am?), I have at least concluded that I cycle a little bit. Sometimes I just have a hard time sleeping, and I do what I need to, and other times I can fall asleep instantly without anything at all. It comes and goes. Like sanity. :)

Miss you!

Ashley said...

oh Fay!!!! I actually wish I had your problem! My problem is extreme tiredness! I sleep great, but am always tired. I force down caffinated beverages to help me make it to a 10:30 bedtime! I blame it on life I get exhausted from being stressed out about everything! I am so happy you r blogging again! I hope it sticks! You promised me an update a long time ago!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Fay!! I've missed your blog posts!!! I'm sorry about the insomnia, but I have missed you so much. I hope to read more about what's up with the Calls! :-)

Melissa Bunn said...

Hang in there. I don't know how you do it. Love you!