Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day


I just wanted to write about how wonderful my Mother's Day was. I had an absolutely fantastic day, I loved every minute of it! I don't think I even had a clue when we decided to have a baby, how hard being a Mother would be. I've struggled trying to grasp my new role as a Mother, trying to be more selfless and giving so much to my child and my husband. I feel like I'm successful some days and an absolute failure on other days. But the best thing is that I feel that I am slowly becoming the Mother that I want to be. I know that Motherhood is a lifelong journey, and I am excited for the twists and turns it will bring.
You know, the funny thing is that I'll probably look back at this in a couple days when things are really hard and think, 'What was I thinking, I must be psychotic!' But I really do love my son, my husband and the life that we have. I'm thankful for the difficulties and trials that life brings us because it makes us stronger and it brings diversity to our lives. Our lives would be so boring if everything was the same all the time.
Thank you to all of the Mothers out there, especially mine. My Mom is amazing and a perfect example to me of love and sacrifice, if only I could be a Mom like her. I'm thankful for Jared's Mom and raising a sweet and loving man who is the most amazing Father. Happy Mother's Day.

3 comments:

tiff snedaker said...

It was nice to talk to you at work last weekend. It's amazing how having a child can really open up your eyes, isn't it? It's refreshing to read what you wrote though about being thankful for our trials as I tend to moan and complain a little too much.

Hayley Hatch said...

I like this post. I agree with a lot of the things you say about being a mother. It is bumpy at times, but definately worth the ride :)

Gail B said...

Oh that IS a cute picture.