Friday, July 4, 2008

July 4th

So I've been a little behind on posts, so I'm going to spend nap time catching up on my blog. 4th of July was an interesting and long day, I watched a friend of ours son for the morning. They just had a baby recently, so I thought I'd give them a morning off. I borrowed a double stroller and we headed off to the Parade. Jared's Grandparents, Aunt and cousins were in the area passing through, so we all met up there. It was so hot and miserable and having two toddlers in a beastly jogging stroller was a nightmare! We went to Porter Park to enjoy the festivities there, and I thought that I might as well walk home instead of walking half way across town to the car. So I pushed to beastly double stroller home. I felt like people had to be laughing at me when they saw me, I was bent down and giving my all to push that stroller, it had to have looked like I was pushing a full flat bed cart at Costco! To add to it all Chase was in front and he like to put his feet on the wheels, I kept telling him to take them off or else. I'm sure all of the people I passed were like, those poor kids and their psychotic Mom, she keeps threatening them! So we finally made it home and after lunch I put the boys in the bath to wash off the suckers, popsicles and misc things they picked up. Chase has some bath toys, some of them are turtles that float around and link together. They started floating toward Micah and he freaked out! I guess the child is genuinely petrified of turtles, fake ones. After I took the picture I did take them out.

After that we spent the day at the splash park with family and then the Rodeo. Which we left after an hour and bribing the kid in front of us to climb underneath the bleachers and grab Chase's shoe. We put Chase to bed and then just crashed. Hopefully we'll actually be able to enjoy holidays when he gets older!

1 comment:

Chris @ Heavy Steps said...

Thank you so much for watching him!! Turtles are pretty dangerous in our house...

Your a good friend Fay, we will miss you!