Saturday, July 19, 2008

Ode to Ethan

So I think that Ethan and Chase have been talking and swapping tricks.  Check this out...we have been having problems with Chase and his diaper.  He's a little bit too curious for his own good and twice this week we've gone in during a nap or in the morning to find him pantless, diaperless and his bed soaking wet.  Well this morning was a different story.  I had just gone to bed, I worked last night, and had been asleep for about 30 min when Chase woke up.  Jared got up and then I hear "Fay, go look at Chase."  I'm thinking, leave me a lone, I don't want to see anything cute he's doing right now, I'm tired.  But Jared was adamant and I stumbled into Chase's room to find a diaperless Chase and a load of poop.  I was so furious, I just went back to bed and let Jared take care of it.  I'm an awful Wife!  Jared threw him in the bathtub, changed his sheets and cleaned the crib, what a good guy.  Later he told me that he thinks Chase did it sometime last night, because the poop that was smeared on the sheet was dry.  EWWWWW, he slept in his poop!!!  Since this is the third time this week and about the fifth time he's taken his diaper off, the first time he's pooped, we're hard pressed for solutions.  So here's what we're trying now.

We'll keep you posted.

11 comments:

Tara said...

That is hilarious! I'm glad Morgan hasn't figured that out yet... How are things going with you? I haven't talked to you in quite a while! Let me know what's new!

Hayley Hatch said...

Yikes! I have also heard of people taking a pair of footed pjs, cutting off the feet and then putting them on backwards - with the zipper in the back. That way they can't undress themselves.

Maybe that would work...

The McMullin's said...

Fay, that is awesome! I love that Duck Tape has so many uses! Chase is such a cutie! I am looking forward to the fun times ahead with Carson!

Steph said...

I love the duck tape! What a good idea. I'm glad Kaden still fits in onesies so he can't get to his diaper. I know they make 2T-3T onesies. maybe you could find them online? Good luck though!

Ashley said...

Fay, that is sooooo funny!!!! I know exactly how u feel! What is it with kids and their poop? I don't know how many times Penny has pooped in the tub....my favorit is when she grabs her poop when I am changing her....and then puts her hands in her mouth!!! Ewwww gross!

Jimmy, Diane and Bentley said...

Shut up, that is freaking hilarious!!!! Awesome idea with the tape... haha! Bentley will never do something like that to us. ha

emaalyon said...

I really like the duct tape. Has he figured a way out of it yet?

Hilarie* said...

Wow... good idea. Duck-tape is such a wonder invention MAN made. Let me know how it goes... Sure miss seeing you! Hope all is well. Been thinking of you!

Amanda said...

Fay, this is Amanda Hamm (Lee) I ran across your blog on Emily Weeks. I cant believe how big your little guy is, so cute! I am due with our little man in about 3 weeks! Feel free to check out our blog! amanda-bradenhamm.blogspot.com

Take Care, hope there's no more poop messes for you!

The Bunker Family said...

Okay, this is the funniest story I have heard in awhile! And the picture just tops it off. Good luck finding a solutionT

Leslie said...

You are about the third or fourth friend I've had tell me this same story in just the last two weeks! I think it's foreshadowing into my future..... And the only person that has been successful at stopping it used your awesome solution - duct tape!! Great choice. Let me know how it goes. Chase is such a little firecracker!