Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Grandma and Grandpa Visit



We had a wonderful visit with Jared's parents last week, too short, but still great!  Chase absolutely loves them, he plays so hard when they come, it's nice because he takes good naps too!  We were able to do a few fun things and Chase was able to experience a few new adventures the couple days they were here.  Jared's parents brought a bubble gun for Chase to play with, it is definitely a new favorite of his now.  In fact the day after they left Chase started running around saying, "bubbles, bubbles," it is so cute, I love to hear him talk like that.  He actually got pretty proficient in the bubble gun, he could dip it and push the button all by himself!  We also got popsicles one day and stripped Chase down to his diaper and let him run around the front of our apartment.  It was hilarious, and I'm sure any one that drove by got a good kick out of it.  He downed the popsicle, loved every second of it.  We gave it to him right before nap time and I thought for sure he wouldn't go down after that, but he took one of his best naps ever!  Probably all of the running.



Okay, so the best for last.  The funniest thing that happened while they were here is that we took Chase to the park to play.  They have the carousel at Porter Park and I really wanted to take him on it.  We had been talking about going to Disney Land in September, so this was our trial run for the rides.  So we got on, we found our horse and I put Chase on it.  It took a little while for them to start it so he started getting antsy, oh well, I thought as soon as it started he would be in love with it.  Well about the second or third time around, I looked down at Chase see a quivering lip and a look of terror.  So I had to pick him up and sit down with him the rest of the ride!  My child is such a strong and fearless little boy!!!!  Nothing like the carousel to give you nightmares the rest of your life!  Needless to say, we're postponing our trip to Disney Land.
Well that was our adventure last week, hope you're all doing well!


10 comments:

marcie said...

Oh my gosh, Fay, that was hilarious! I was laughing so hard, it took me a while to stop :)Mike and I have had an ongoing discussion about taking Benjamin to Disneyland in December, and you pretty much confirmed all of our fears, and our parents (both sets) insistence that he's too young. That really was adorable, though!

Monica said...

the bubble gun looks awesome! Who would have thought chase wouldn't like the carosel? Crazy, he is so fun.

Chris @ Heavy Steps said...

We understand Fay. Micah will laugh in the face of danger as long as its not the McDonalds Toy from Kung Foo Panda we got the other day. He starts crying when he sees it.

Jimmy, Diane and Bentley said...

Fay and Jared, I have not yet had the privilege of watching Chase with the bubble gun. I look forward to the opportunity. We really should break out the pool.

Cheers,
James

tiff snedaker said...

Cute pics of Chase outside! Glad the bubble gun was such a hit. :)

Jimmy, Diane and Bentley said...

Super cute pictures!! Love you, sister.
diane

emaalyon said...

Such a cute little boy. My boys do the same thing on the carousel. For some reason it's scarier to them than some other rides. But if you're going to take Chase to Disneyland...make sure you do it before he turns 3 because then he's still free. :)

Shawn said...

Wow, Chase is turning into quite the little man. I think the look on your face is the best part of him on the carousel. About the dentist usually start at 3, unless he's scared, then hold off. It's better not to traumatize him and make him scared for life.

Ashley said...

I think that they shouldn't let so much time pass by before they start that darn carosel, Penny was so scared by the time it started she was clutching on to the horse like here life was depending on it! Your pics r so cute!!! We really need to get together again sometime soon!

D and Brittany Whipple said...

Hey Fay! Your little guy is so cute. I heard you had a baby, he's so big! Good to see you here :)