Sunday, July 12, 2009

Weekend

We had a fun weekend of just hanging out. Jared finished the fence in our backyard, all we need now is the gate. Hopefully he can get to that sometime after work this week. Chase and I played out in the pool on Saturday, it wasn't really warm out, and the water was FREEZING, but it was fun nonetheless. It was so nice just to sit in a chair and read a book while Chase ran around the yard. Ahhh, Heaven. We hope to get the deck and the sliding glass door in soon so that the backyard will be more accessible.
OH, I guess I should tell those who do not know, we bought a house in Rexburg in May. I delayed posting for a long time because we had a lot of ups and downs with financing, what a joke! We love our little house, it need a lot of TLC, but we are very excited to have a place of our own. We know we always talked about moving back to WA, but we really felt like Rexburg is where we need to be right now. Hopefully in the next five years we'll be back with family, but for now it's the 'Burg!

Our House..like I said, it needs work, and it's small, but it's ours!

SOLD! After four years of trying, we finally did it! By the way, if you're ever looking in the Rexburg area, Tony Stallings is a fantastic realtor, we completely recommend him!

Chase in the pool, this is as far as he'd get in, the tongue is my favorite, he gets it from me!



Ready for Church! This picture really disturbs Jared, but I find it very humorous. And you know what, Chase is very proficient at walking in heels! Who would've known.

9 comments:

tiff snedaker said...

Glad to see you posting more! Sooo nice that you have a home. I hear you on the financing thing. We put in an offer on our home and had it accepted in October, and didn't close until the very end of December, JUST because of financing. So refreshing not to be paying rent, isn't it? It looks like you have an awesome back yard! Chase is getting to be a big boy :)
And that placenta post below, that's just gross. I watched about half of it and can't believe people actually do that!

Melissa Durtschi said...

I love the picture of him in heels. Tell Jared not to worry. All boys go thru a little of that. He is getting soo big, and TALL ---HOLY COW!!!!

Melissa Bunn said...

I love the heels...too funny. Did you get new glasses, they're cute! How great to have a yard and grass...you are so lucky!

Tara said...

Awesome being a home owner isn't it? We definitely love it. Post more pics of the inside! Miss you all...

Henderson Family said...

That's so fun!! Congratulations on a house. I love all the cute pics.

marcie said...

Congrats on buying a house... that's like right up there with a baby, and ALMOST as much work, haha! I definitely have "fenced in yard" envy. Ahhhh, one day :)

Steph said...

I love your new swim suit!! I went back and bought the same one so now we are twinners...I think there will be a lot of people in Rexburg that will be twinners...
I think a yard is crucial for the happiness of a rambunctious 2 year old. Mine has saved me many times. Congrats again on the house.

The Bunker Family said...

Congrats on the new house! That is so exciting for you and your family! I can't believe how big Chase is getting - he is so cute and tall!

Anonymous said...

Whoa! You bought a house? Congrats!