Run #4
July 17, 2010
3.3 miles
40 minutes (I got lost...)
I tried, I really, really tried to get a couple runs in before we left, but I was SOOO busy!!! Seriously busy, I'm not making it up, I didn't even get to take naps before work and to me that is VITAL! So I'm really bummed that I didn't get my four runs in this week, not even close, but at least I got in two. We're here visiting family in WA right now and I am LOVING it!!! Today's run was great, let me tell you the many things I love about running in Wa: The beautiful scenery--it seriously kept me occupied the whole time I was running, the cooler, calm weather--no crazy wind, the lower elevation and better roads. But let me tell you the ONE thing that I do NOT like about running in WA: the HILLS. If you know me well enough you know that hills and I just do not mix, I complained to my Mom one time about riding my bike up the "hill" over the canal by my house. Even though I hate them so much I have to tell you, I didn't walk them at all, just slowed down a bit.....a lot! The other thing that really stinks about running here is that I have no idea where things are and how far away they are, hence the reason why I ran longer then planned. I guess it just comes with time, maybe when I run on Monday I won't get lost! This workout was TONS better! I pushed myself a little bit harder and felt like I ran better and had more stamina. I walked one time toward the end of my eight minute run, but then made myself tag on extra afterward. I felt great when it was all over, I even felt like I MIGHT be getting the hang of this, here's to hoping! Want to hear something funny...my Mother-in-law told me I was really red when I got home. I seriously think there's something wrong with me! No for a bath, pajamas, a book and calling it an early night!
Oh and thanks for all of your support, it means so much to me and it seriously motivates me to get out there. You guys are the best! Anytime any one wants to go for a run....or it may be a walk in your standards, give me a holler! (If you're not too embarrassed to be seen with the white legged cherry red tomato face girl!!!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Glad things are going well for you. Thank you again for all of your help on Thursday, you and Carli were wonderful!!! :)
So... I posted a picture of my runner-red-face too. 'Cause you're not alone.
Aubri's Tomato Face!>
Love ya, friend!
Fay you crack me up! You are awesome to do this!
For the love of run we should always have a proper schedule and update for the latest run in our area...:D
saucony shoes
Post a Comment