Wednesday, March 5, 2008

The Adventures of Chase

So Chase had a few new adventure this week, we thought we'd share them all with you.  First of all, I didn't feel like cooking one night, so Chase fell victim to Top Ramen.  The only thing is, he loved it!  He couldn't shove the noodles into him mouth fast enough!  Now we'll have to monitor his Top Ramen intake, we don't want him to gain any excessive weight, Jared and I can barely carry him as he is!
Yesterday was a fun day for Chase and I as well.  Fist of all he pulled out a chair and climbed up on the table and stole an apple out of the fruit bowl.  Now this apple was just a little over ripe, wrinkling and all.  But he was having fun, so I let him play with it.  Next thing I know it sounds like he's licking it.  That was all fine and dandy, but on closer inspection, Chase actually ate half of the apple!  He loved it!  Now before this I had spent a lot of time, slicing apples and peeling the skin off of them.  No more, I tell you!  From now on he gets a whole apple!  
So I decided that I really needed to try to do activities that he would enjoy and that are new.  We usually just play around the house all day and either go on a walk to the mailbox or go the grocery store.  (But the snow is melting, so soon the Park will be our new best friend!)  So, I decided to let Chase finger paint.  I know, dangerous.  But the paints I have are washable and non-toxic, a must for Chase.  He didn't really know what to think at first, I had to get him started, but then he wouldn't stop!  And then he found his mouth!  Now I can't imagine that finger paint tastes all that good, but Chase liked it, as you can tell in the picture.  So after finger painting it was off to an immediate bath.  Some of my friends at work told me that their children love bubble baths.  Well being the neglectful mother that I am, Chase had never had a bubble bath.  So after finger painting, Chase had his first bubble bath.  He loved it too!  Now I didn't have any kid's bubble bath, just my bath and body works stuff, and needless to say there was a lot of bubble eating going on!  Hopefully Chase doesn't get too bad of a tummy ache from his adventures!

5 comments:

tiff snedaker said...

Hey Fay - I saw that you posted on Monica's blog and had to come check yours out. Chase sure is mischevious, isn't he? Your hair is really cute. I thought you looked different when I talked to you Sunday. Looks like a busy day with the fingerpaints & bubble baths! Here's our blog if you want to add it: http://snedfam.blogspot.com

Steph said...

Way cute pics Fay! I know when spring rolls around things will get easier for all of us and our mischevious children. I should try the finger paints with Kaden. Maybe he would like that. Have a great week.

Gail B said...

I love that kid. I like that he eats everything - even bubble bath.

Amy said...

Can this really be true- Fay? Hooray! Thank you to the blogging world for letting me see you guys! Your little man is so stinkin cute! I can't believe how old he is- crazy! Still think about you everytime I see a watermelon. heehee

Tara said...

We really should get all together and let the kids go wild. I know it would keep me in good spirits!