Easter was different this year, that's for sure! This is the fourth easter that Jared and I have been married, the last three we went to church, maybe had a ham dinner, watched a movie and went to bed...we're really exciting people! But this year we actually got to do some traditional things with Chase! It wasn't a huge thing, I had to work the night before, but we had a good time. We set up a mini easter egg hunt inside, there was still snow outside (I love Idaho), and Chase figured out right away that there was candy inside the eggs. He got to the first one, dropped his bucket, opened the egg and tried to drink the candy out of it. It was so fun to watch, and plus he was saying, "mmmm, mmmm, mmmm" over and over and over again. I finally just set him up in his highchair with some jellybeans and a peep (he did not like the peep) and he went to town. He loved it, and he was so wound up from the sugar that he ran around the house like a crazy man and wouldn't take a nap!
Thanks Dad for the outfit, it's perfect, we're missing the pants in these pictures, we were hoping he'd take a nap, so we put him in pajamas, wishful thinking!
We're so grateful for the opportunity we have to celebrate Easter and remember our Savior and his amazing gift of the atonement. I had the wonderful blessing (ha!) of speaking in sacrament today and I am so grateful for the opportunity I had to remember the Savior and to strengthen my testimony of the atonement. I know this gospel is true, and I know that if we follow its teachings we will be able to live with our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ for eternity. I am so excited for that and I am so excited to be with my family for eternity!
Happy Easter!


No comments:
Post a Comment