We went to the Metge family reunion this last week and had a great time. It was up in Ogden Canyon, just by Pineview Reservoir. We stayed at a girls camp that had four large cabins and a main building. It was really nice. We were able to sleep as extended families, so with my brother and sister and their families. That seemed all fine and dandy, but when you have four children under the age of five, no one sleeps. So the second night we ended up putting a tent up and slept a little bit better. I think Chase had a great time running around and playing, he would be so completely exhausted that he would fall asleep in my arms for his nap and stay that way for about an hour! We cut our trip about a day short though, Jared and I were completely exhausted since we had to share our bed with Chase, and he's the biggest bed and pillow hog ever! It was so nice to see every one, we had a great time. It was good to know that every one else is doing well too.
One of the highlights of the trip was on Friday morning they were launching hot air balloons, it was their hot air balloon festival. We woke up really early and were able to go see about 25 hot air balloons launch. It was great, I'd never been that up close before, it was beautiful and magnificent! Here's some pictures.
5 comments:
Looks like a great weekend. Cool that you got to see all of the hot air balloons!
Man! I wish we had known you were down here cause we live in Ogden just 10 minutes where you were at! Oh well. Glad you had a great time!
It sure sounds like an exciting weekend! Family reunions can be great fun, but exausting! In fact sometimes if I'm around my family all at once, I get a little overwhelmed! I sure love them though!!!!
love the balloons how fun.
Fay! I'm home! You little stinker...you didn't even say bye...but I don't blame you--I was snowed! I changed my mind & really don't mind Dr. Lovell. :) Anyway, I'm serious about the bows...drop me an e-mail & I'll add you to our blog: willis.katy@gmail.com
Post a Comment