**Sorry Mel, I'll have to get you the pictures of waterfalls some other time!**
Saturday, August 30, 2008
Saturday Trip to Cave Falls
I have been so excited this week, we planned a trip up to Cave Falls. We were planning on having a picnic lunch, then take a small hike to a small waterfall up the river. Then we were going to go head up to Mesa Falls. I was so excited, we really haven't had much of an opportunity to enjoy the nature around us in Idaho (I know, we've lived here for 5 years). So today we started getting ready, we packed lunch, got dressed, sun-screened everyone up and got in the car. We had just passed Sugar City when I looked back and saw Chase rubbing at his eyes like crazy. His eyes were all swollen, his nose was running and he started to cry. We hadn't given him is Claritin today and so we decided we better go home and get the Claritin. Well, while we were heading home he started hollering and really rubbing hard on his eyes. He started saying "owee, owee" and pointing to his eyes. My heart broke, there was nothing I could do for him until we got home. So as soon as we got home and wiped his face and eyes with a cold wash cloth, gave him benadryl and motrin and cuddled with him on the couch. He's now fast asleep, thanks to the benadryl, and still isn't looking so hot. Oh well, so that was our great adventure to Cave Falls. Maybe we'll actually get to see it some other time. Here's a picture, it's so sad, but almost humorous. I think Chase is allergic to sunscreen, even though we use waterbabies. I don't know though, it seems to serious too be an environmental allergy, but we've used the sunscreen multiple times and only had a problem like this about three times. This was by far the worst case though.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
You're right...it is pretty sad, but at the same time stink'n cute! I hope you can figure out where the allergies are coming from!
Poor poor Chase! Those are some swollen eyes. Hope he gets feeling better!
I hate it when I can't stop the hurt or make everything better. That looked pretty painful-- I feel so sorry for the poor kid.
All i want to do is cuddle him too, he looks so sore!
Yeah, I definitely would lay off the sunscreen. Poor Chase! Good thing Benadryl works for him!
poor kid
Sounds like allergy attacks are taking over right now. Amber just posted that Logan had an allergic rxn to peanut butter. What a terrible thing to be allergic to! How's he supposed to go in the sun?I started a blog- www.tysonemily.blogspot.com
Hey Fay - this is totally not related to your post. But I just saw an ad for a photo contest for Parenting magazine and when I looked at your blog I thought your title pictures would be a perfect entry! I think you can enter at www.parenting.com. Just a thought...
Poor kid!! How sad is that?
Post a Comment